Thursday, May 31, 2012

Inspire!!!



When I reminisce about my past, I wonder what my life would be like if I had a young adult (one that I could relate to) mentor me at a young age. Of course, my loving parents continue to be an inspiration. But I will admit that as a young child, I didn't always listen.

As I get older, I've come to the realization that inspiring young people to be all they can be is essential. Encouraging the youth to follow their dreams is my obligation.

On April 27th, I got the pleasure of being a guest speaker at Laurel High School's Career Day! It was a true success! After speaking in three classes, I was truly fulfilled to know how many young adult's lives I touched. After my presentations, the students were truly motivated to join College Bound, go to college, and start their own businesses. They were very engaged in my presentation continually asking questions.

One of the professors informed me that she was very impressed by my presentation and asked if I could come back and speak to an additional class. Graciously, I accepted. This experience was truly uplifting. Many of the students asked if I could mentor them and I was truly touched. Making a positive impact means the world to me.

Remember, the only person stopping you from fulfilling your dream is you. Strive for the best and never settle for less! ~ Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment