Friday, November 18, 2011

New to the city



A few Friday's ago, I attended an event that definitely needs recognition. Living in the DMV area is not like living in NYC, where you always have a variety of things to do. So, when there is an event that strays away from the normal club and lounge scene, it definitely sparks my attention. The grand opening of Studio 85 was awesome! It screamed nothing but POSHNESS! Studio 85 is a new arts & apparel boutique in Washington, DC. The ambiance that night was definitely one that I can get used to in the DMV area.
Upon entering the event, you were greeted by the pleasant ladies of Studio 85. There was music playing and a bartender serving complimentary wine, beer, and beverages for some of DMV's finest to enjoy. Might I add that the complimentary cupcakes by "Very Good Cupcakes" were simply delicious! I'm salivating just thinking about them. Lol.


Black owned businesses definitely took their shine (e.g, Catering by Simply Deliciosa, Very Good Cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries by BasketTreats, Jewelry by Elements of Freedom...)! 

Support black owned businesses


To top it off, I was able to watch a painter create a masterpiece, as people mingled throughout the night. I don't know about yall, but I need a painting ASAP!



The grand opening of Studio 85 was definitely a lovely event filled with lots of beautiful people. For the owners, who are sisters (Tiffany, Tammi, and Tamika), this is only the beginning. I wish you all much success! Studio 85 is new to the city and I welcome you!




The owners of Studio 85 also own their own nail polish line entitled "Studio 85 Nail Gloss" which features three collections: "District of Columbia", “City Girl”, “Southern Gal", and "Stay Beautiful".
















2 comments:

  1. After reading this blog my linesister and I stopped by Studio 85! It was amazing, the owners were very friendly and there were an array og items to choose from. I was instantly in love- I also fell in love with their signature nail polish! My LS and I spent only about 30 mins in the store and spent way more then we had budgeted but all of our purchases were well worth the buy. Kudos to Studio 85 BFB (Black Female Buisness) and Thank you Uniquely Atypical (AW) for the acknowledgment of great nooks like this in our area --

    Viv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww you are very welcome! I am happy I could help. :)

    ReplyDelete