Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm Pregnant!!!



This is an amazing feeling. WOW!!! A new life being cultivated within my being, or should I say, instilled in me. I am blessed beyond measure. For the last few years, I honestly can say I've been going through what I call and consider to be a "pre-midlife crisis". It’s funny...no matter how many times I express with certainty to my mother that I'm currently in this stage of my life, she definitely informs me that I am clearly just delusional...lol. I've known for a long time that I'm creative, but what do you do when you are interested in so many different things?



I remember my college professor talking to the class about how important it is to find your niche. A few Sunday's ago, my pastor preached about how God blessed us all with gifts and has engraved a blueprint on how we should embrace them. So, I decided that if there is anything I'm passionate about, I mean anything that hinders me from sleeping because it's on my mind, I will put it into prayer and if it is still in my heart, I'm completing it! 

OM freaking G...





I'm pregnant!



I didn't expect it to happen this soon. I've given breath to a new life...the birth of the Uniquely Atypical Brand!!!



I’m a designer!

I wore the first piece I designed to the Black Girls Rock Awards on October 15th and it got raving reviews!

The unveiling of my first piece coming soon!











Stay Tuned...




11 comments:

  1. Lmaooooo yea you got me! I was like its more than the flu alright! Smh lol I can't wait to see the new design! That means your sewing me something right? Lol

    2snapsandatwirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOVE IT. I figured it had something to do with God birthing something through you. The title did get my attention. Hugs Sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual you always deliver! I can't wait to see the new design. (Clutching my Pearls in anxiety). You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, I agree w/ Simone... you ALWAYS deliver! very creatively written... i enjoy reading all of your posts :-) you ARE right about culivating your gifts and finding your niche! GO KARIN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo awsome sis!!! God is definently using u mighty i am hooked n can't wait till the unviling. *super pumped * :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. I appreciate all the kind words!!! The unveiling of my first piece coming soon...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol I LOVE THISSSSSS!!!! LOVE THE BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms. Atypical! Love this post! I am so happy to hear that you will be delivering your own brand! I already love the way you dress and the way you revamp clothes already so I know your line will be fire! Im with you all the way love! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey chica!

    This is Amaka! I been keeping up with your post & i just wanted to wish you the best of luck in ur aspirations to become a designer... if your clothes will look anything like the dress from your bday .. just know .... I will be a buyer ... <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all. I appreciate it very much. I blush!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amaka, I'm convinced you will love it. I appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete