Saturday, November 19, 2011

Versace for H&M...the day before!!!



So, if you have any interest in fashion, you just got to know about the craze everyone is talking about...YESSSSS!!! The collaboration with Versace and H&M!!! 


It's been highly anticipated and it has finally come to fruition!

If you reside in the DMV area, you already know that there is only one location worthy to carry this high end merchandise. Soooo, let me tell you that on Friday, November 18th around 5:30pm, the H&M on F street in D.C., lines were already forming. 


Honestly, I know that this is a huge collabo in fashion and I'm truly ecstatic, but 5:30 pm on Friday people? The debut of the new collection was not until 8 am on Saturday, November 19th. I had come to my own realization that maybe there is some giveaway I didn't know about. So I figured, let me be the personable individual I am and let me spark conversation with these excited consumers. So I did some damage at the nearest American Apparel and a little after 7 pm, I went to MINGLE!

Everyone seemed so enthusiastic...ummm was I missing something? It was nearly 40 degrees outside. The line had already reached the Forever 21 entrance. Evidently, I wasn't missing anything. They were all awaiting the debut of this phenomenal collection. There were as many men as there were women. As I conversed with a few people, they informed me that there were no giveaways, but they wanted to be the first ones with the apparel. As I walked closer to the front of the line, there was a woman who had the biggest smile on her face. I asked her what brought her here so early. Her response was "are you kidding me?...Versace at 90% of the price!”.

 Well, there you have it folks. If you were not there earlier today, you're too late. Me on the other hand, I witnessed history in the making! By 8:30 am today, the men’s line was completely sold out! Yes, 30 minutes after the store opened!



The women’s line was completely demolished by noon! The limited edition is SOLD OUT!!! Versace for H&M...I love you and the DMV does too!!! 

Check out the pictures below…

Ready!!!


Versace for H&M provided hot chocolate and beverages for customers!


Chairs ready!!!


It's cold, but they are prepared!


Act up if you want to...SECURITY!


Men made it to the front owww!!!

4 comments:

  1. Damn it sold out that quickly!!!!??? wow! Oh well I'll wait for the spring line when their sites are working online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I was not as pressed as those in line but I do wish to have my hands on this epic designer fashion craze ASAP! As previously stated I will either wait for spring line or wait for it online!

    AMBER COLLIER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amber!!! :) I hear that....Spring line let's go!!!

    ReplyDelete