Friday, February 3, 2012

A Red Tail in Bowie!?!



Sunday, January 22nd was an amazing day! I started my day off at one of my favorite places...Zion Church! My pastor, Keith Battle, preached the second part of a series entitled "The Journey To Your Dreams." Honestly, I love my church! My pastor nails it on the button every time. His message definitely spoke to me...can I get an AMEN! AMEN! ;) He blessed us all with a journal to organize our dreams!




He preached on how important it is to pray about your dreams to ensure it is indeed what God has destined for you to achieve. This definitely struck a chord with me. A few months ago, I prayed and asked God that if my dream to be a designer, amongst a couple other things, was not His will for my life, to remove it from my heart. I continued to pray that same prayer for weeks, and not only was it in my heart, but it was stronger than it had ever been. Simply amazing!    



You don't have to fight for your dream. God will give it to you. It will be innate in you. You will be excited to do it, you will do it at a level of expertise, and you will do it with ease! Follow the dream that God has destined for YOU...God is amazing!   




That weekend was also the opening weekend of Red Tails and I couldn't let Sunday come to an end without watching it. Honestly, I felt obligated to watch it. I've been truly disturbed about all the news about Hollywood not wanting to support it because it was an all-Black cast. George Lucas, thank you for producing and financing such a spectacular movie! I'm ecstatic that the movie pulled $19.1 million in its opening weekend     



and that's not all I'm elated about. After entering the second theater that day to view the masterpiece, I was greeted by a Tuskegee Airmen, Charles "Chuck" Dobbin, who graced the Bowie Movie Theater with his presence and took the time to converse with movie patrons and take photos. I remember thanking him for what he did for history, as he humbly replied "We tried" and I responded "No, you conquered!”            



Charles "Chuck" Dobbin and I! 


January 22nd was definitely a remarkable day!


The unveiling of my first piece and collection coming soon...stay tuned!!! :o)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Glad you went to see the movie and met "Chuck" ..such a nice post. You were meant to get that fortune cookie! I cant wait until you launch you line lovie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soooo much for all your support!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting! - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I concur! It was truly amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete